WORKING FOR ACTIVE8
At present we don't have any vacancies.
Acceler8 & Illumin8
Active8 is a small Cornish charity which aims to empower and motivate young people with physical disabilities to become autonomous. Active8 develops their skills, confidence, support structures and aspirations. Active8 supports young people to challenge the status quo and to be a catalyst for improvement in their own and communities' quality of life.
The job role is to work directly with young people with physical impairments to facilitate a fun and dynamic program which is user led; embedding an enabling culture that develops the young people’s skills, experience and resilience that is needed to be able cope with what life might throw at them.
This will be achieved through two projects Acceler8 (14-18 year olds) and Illumin8 (16-30 year olds) running group day activity sessions, weekend overnight residentials, 1 to 1 work and family support.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 pro rata
Closing date: Monday 25th November 2019
Hours: 35 hours per week worked flexibly. To include weekends, evenings and overnight residential's.
Responsible to: Active8 Manager
Supervisory Responsiblity for: Project staff, carers, volunteers and young people.
Important Functional Relationships:
INTERNAL: young people, volunteers, manager
EXTERNAL: personal assistants, employed by participants, who provide care. Agencies, organisations and community groups.
- Work from home / office
- County wide cover
- 1 day a week minimum at nominated office in Victoria, Roche, PL26 8LG
Main purpose of Job: To work directly with young people with Physical Impairments to facilitate a fun and dynamic program which is user led; embedding an enabling culture that develops the young people’s skills, experience and resilience that is needed to be able cope with what life might throw at them.
This will be achieved through two projects Acceler8 (14-18 year olds) and Illumin8 (16-30 year olds) running group day activity sessions, overnight residentials, 1 to 1 work and family support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Core duties include
Acceler8 and Illumin8 programme development and delivery in consultation with users including 1:1 work, group activities, advocacy and Duke of Edinburgh Award, through at least one residential weekend (Friday evening to Sunday) per month.
Work alongside participant’s families and other professionals who work with them to support participant’s personal development
Developing and maintaining communication including Online Social Networking
Supporting the work of the Active 8 manager and working collaboratively with the other Illumin8 youth worker
Recruitment, support and mentoring of volunteers
Record and demonstrate outcomes to support funding application
2. Responsibility for staff and volunteers including:
Assisting with recruitment, selection, induction and management of volunteer enablers
Working alongside personal assistants, carers, volunteers and other staff members
3. Producing and working to budget. Monitoring expenditure and ensuring correct cash handling.
4. Work with and support participant’s families, carers, local community groups and agencies.
5. Liaise with and where appropriate joint work with other agencies to develop and/or deliver programmes.
6. Ensure appropriate communication at all levels within and outside of Active8
7. Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and working practices.
8. Performing and ensuring day to day administration is completed.
9. To be aware of and adhere to all Active8’s ethos and philosophy, Policy and Procedures.
10. To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for Active8.
11. To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
12. To undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required.
THE POST HOLDER WILL NOT BE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE INTIMATE PERSONAL CARE. Any participant needing personal care will have a personal assistant to do this. THE SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE MAY BE REQUIRED WHERE APPROPRIATE TO SUPPORT YOUNG PEOPLE WITH TASKS SUCH AS EATING THEIR FOOD, DRINKING, PUSHING PEOPLE OF WHEELCHAIRS AND SUPPORTING THEM ON ACTIVITIES